The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Test of Trust 6/3/22
07-17-2022, 11:34 AM,
A Test of Trust 6/3/22
Princess Astra Korraay — 06/03/2022
Astra left her room she went looking for Haj. She started with the flight Deck if Haj was not ther she would be in the hallways somewhere.

" Haj I need to speak to you" She said when she did find her.
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj pulled up short and tried to put herself back together when she heard Astra's voice.

"Hi Astra. Are you finished with your farseeing already? What did you find out?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
" three things one are ok? Yes I did, the information I have is it confirms your theory" she said.
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
"I've got a broken nose and some contusions. Handyman set it and gave me some antibiotics. He said it should heal naturally. And as I apparently was  engineered with an extraordinary healing ability, I figure it will be only a couple of days before the bruising fades."

Haj rubs her hand against her cheek, cautiously testing the soreness.

"Forgive my ignorance, but your farseeing seems to have gone very quickly. I expected you to be in meditation for some time yet. I was just walking back to join Che'ri. Will you come with me? We can talk on the way about which of my theories you are referring to."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" I'm glad you will be ok and I am sorry you were hurt" she said

" Actually lets talk out here I don't feal the subject matter Appropriate for such a young Paddawon," She said gently
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj nods, "Alright, but I should let Che'ri know that she will be alone for a little while longer.  Where should I meet you?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
" Where would you be most comfortable" Astra Asked. She considered sigesting her own room but was worried she would set Haj off. Why had Ahinti sigested Haj? Astra still felt like she was walking on eggshells.
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
"Why don't I meet you in the library? We should have some privacy there. I'll run talk to Che'ri and meet you, in, say, 15 minutes? I'll swing by the kitchen and bring some water, if you are alright with that? Or do you want something else?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
" Water would be wonderful thankyou" Astra said. She headed to the library.
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj told Che'ri she would be back in a few minutes, but that she was interruptible if she was needed here for anything.

She swung by the kitchen and grabbed  two glasses of water before heading to the library.

She enters the room and finds Astra sitting on one of the sofas.

"Here you go," she says as she offers Astra the glass. Perching in the other end, she asks, "Your farseeing showed you something about a theory I posited? If you are willing to share, I'll help if I can."

@Princess Astra Korraay
"Thank you" Astra says accepting the glass and taking a sip. " I... Knowledge is powerful and chooses we make can change the future but it may take a toll on you. Are you sure you can handle it and want to know" Astra asked. She was worried Haj would become upset over some of the detalws of the vision and right now they needed level heads.
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj holds her glass close to her chest, closes her eyes, and takes a deep,  calming breath.

She opens them and looks solemnly at Astra. "I can't make promises, Astra. I'm not sure I can handle whatever you are going to tell me. And I won't know until you tell me. But I want to know, and to help if I can."

@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra nods " It was you that came up with the clone throy? I found Master he is alive and with the clone I saw them walking throw the hanger. I also saw the clone Attack me and turn herself over to the sith Queen" Astra said
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj closes her eyes and lets out a breath that she didn't know she was holding. "He's alive," she whispers.

Her eyes pop open, "And ... he's with ... a clone of you? He brings her ... here?!"

Haj rises from the sofa. "OK. OK. Forewarned is fore-armed. We need to be smart about this. Panicking helps not at all."

She sits back down across from Astra. "You shouldn't be alone from here on out. That way, this clone can't sneak up on you."

She runs her fingers over the scar under her hair. "Does this clone still have its chip, do you think? And could Durro do for it what he did for us? How much danger would that put us in?"

Her fingers still in her hair, she says ,"We can't let her turn herself over to the Queen. And we can't let her turn you over either. Why would she do something like that?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
"Slow down" Astra said standing suddenly and starting to pacing .

"What would you like to start with" Astra said her own mind was alredy working to fast she needed to slow down.
@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
"You're right. Thank you."

She takes a breath. "I will reiterate; you should not be alone from here on out. If the clone attacked you, then you should have someone with you to watch you back."

"Has Tesara left her own meditation yet?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
"I agree would you be interested even if your only and early warning on the off chance she dose" Astra said

"As far as I know she has not and Ashinti warned against telling her to soon in case she became emotional for some reason she trust you not to be tricked by a clone" Astra said.

@Haj
Haj — 06/03/2022
Haj's eyes drop and she flushes. "I'm not strong enough to stop her, Astra. I can, and will, be a second set of eyes for you, if you think you can trust me. But I can't stop her."

She sighs. "But I also have to be ready to protect the girls, to get them out of here ... if it comes to that. Can we find a way to do both of those things?

@Princess Astra Korraay
"I know your not as powerful and there's no way you could take on my clone and I would never ask you to but if you can keep and eye out and give me a heads up perhaps we can stop her Attack on me" she said gently. Astra takes a deep breath. "I had a idea about that but its risky extremely so, if I surrender to Quinn maybe and I mean maybe Ashinti can convince him to let me go. if it comes down to it that may be an option I think they may be safe for now Hopefully Tesaras Vision will give us more insight" Astra said.
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
Haj sits quietly for a few minutes, thinking about what Astra had just said. Had she really thought that giving herself up to the Sith was a good idea? That seemed to be the ultimate 'lose/lose" scenario.

Then again, there was Asahti to consider. Much as Haj despised the woman, she was shrewd, alert, cunning, ruthless, and more than capable of taking care of Astra.

That said, who's to say the Helvete wouldn't double cross them, lead Astra to believe that this was a good idea then trap her there so that Ashanti could be with her own people.

Haj's eyes narrowed. "Who's idea was this, that you turn yourself over to Vos?"

@Princess Astra Korraay
Princess Astra Korraay — 06/04/2022
" it was mine and Ashanti did not like the idea at all." Astra said
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
"No, I can't imagine she would. And I agree with her, much as she pains me to say it. You are too much of a risk, too important, to give yourself up to the Sith, to Vos."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" Why, all I have done is mess things up. This mess with Quinn is my falt" She said.
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
"That you  believe that is unquestioned," she replied somewhat distantly. "What concerns me is that you are allowing that story to cloud your judgement about the situation  and are about to make the grave mistake of martyring yourself to the Sith as a result."

Haj looks away to the bridge, her gaze softening. "Believe me when I tell you that I know whereof I speak. Don't let your guilt, your emotions, make choices that you will regret. Because contrary to your faith in Ashanti to save you, they will never let you go."

She looks back at Astra. "Don't make the same mistakes I make. You're better than that."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" im not sure there is much Hope here. But we need more information before moving forward like why did the clone attack me. And does durro think she is me or is he playing a long game of some kind. " She said her head dropping.

" Surrendering myself may be the only option to protect all of you. Think about it if the Queen has what she wants then they will not be hunting you and you will be able to go after the sworm without worrying about them" She said.
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
"You are correct; we need more information ... though it seems to me that it will be a waste of time as you appear to be righteous your decision to be a martyr and nothing either Ashanti or I could tell you will dissuade your from it."

The words are flat, almost cold, and utterly like Haj's usual.passionate rhetoric.

"Trust the Force, as Durro would say. If you believe that going to the Dark Side is what it wants you to do, then that's what you have to do. Your fear will make your fall easy, maybe even pleasurable."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" I have no intention of falling to the dark side. I would rather die" Astra growled a fiery venom to her voice.

" I was saying we may not have another option for right now we need to protect the girls and decide what to do next. Just just not going to dismiss the idea yet" Astra said more gently.
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
"The path to the Dark Side is navigated with the purest of inentions.You may have no intention to fall. You say we may not have other options, But you have dismissed whatever they could be, and those who may have them - like Durro, Tesara, and even the Helvete - in favor of this, this, grandiose idea of becoming the sacrificial lamb in order to "protect the girls". I think you are choosing the easy path, Astra. Another  thread that the Dark Side can use to bind you." Haj's delivery is hollow, the bruising stark against pale cheeks.

"If you choose death over the Dark Side, then let the clone take you before you give yourself up to the Queen."

Haj closes her eyes and sighs deeply. "Forgive me, Astra. It has been a particularly trying day. I don't mean to take it out on you. I will do as you ask and watch your back, just as I have always tried to do however often I fail, including this one. But you must promise me that you will never put yourself in a position where you are alone ... never"

@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra blinks " I have not dismissed other ideas as of right now we have on other ideas we need to get everyone together and come up with a better plan" Astra said.

She thought for a moment. " I will do everything I can to avoid being alone" she said. She was wondering what sines she was giving haj that made haj think she had desmised all other options.
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
Haj puts her hand to her temple. Quietly, she says, "Thank you."

Putting her hand back to her side, she continues, "Was there anything else? If not, Che'ri is waiting on the flight deck. We need to be ready to leave any moment. You should join us while we wait for Tesara."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" Sure ill join you. I'm sorry if I worried you I was not trying to" She said.
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
Haj stares through Astra. "What makes you think I'm worried?", she says, the intonation empty of emotion.

She motions for Astra to go first so that Haj can take her place behind the young Jedi as they head off to the bridge.

@Princess Astra Korraay
" Haj you need to promise me something ?" she said before they could head off. " Don't tell anyone about my vision, its not exactly helpful to the current situation am may couse people to panic?" Astra said.
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
Haj turns around. "You would endanger not only your life, but the all those aboard with your silence and limit the pool of people who would help save your life to just me, the one who cannot stop the clone should she strike?"

Resigned to the situation and with nothing left in her, Haj says, "As you wish, Astra. None will hear it from my lips."

@Princess Astra Korraay
" for now I believe this is for the best when the time is right and im sure I can trust them I will bring Both Master, and Tesara into the Circal" She said gently.
@Haj
Haj — 06/04/2022
Haj simply motions once again for Astra to take the lead to the bridge.

@Princess Astra Korraay
Astra nods and heads to the brige
End