The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 9 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 9 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatar_padding" - Line: 19 - File: inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(931) : eval()'d code 19 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 931 eval
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Dinner Meditation 6/13/22
07-17-2022, 11:45 AM,
After Dinner Meditation 6/13/22
Tesara Anerin — 06/13/2022
Tesara takes a long, long time to settle herself enough to truly connect with the Force, allowing her to stop shaking and focus.
Help me find the path forward
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 06/14/2022
Deep in meditation, Durro feels a wave wash over him in the Force, like someone splashing into a pool and sitting down heavily, the ripples of their movement washing over him. Waves of guilt, frustration, even some anger. Durro reaches, across bulkheads and the space between them, drawing in his former student to a familiar, grounding place.

"Tesara? Is everything alright?"
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 06/14/2022
Tesara hears Durro's voice in her mind and is surprised.  She quiets her mind in order to answer honestly.
"No, but I'm hoping it will be."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Anything you want to talk about?"

The blank emptiness of their shared consciousness is replaced with the familiar jungles of Lanus at dusk. Storm clouds darken the horizon, and Durro stands on a well-worn path, which branches off in several directions into the thick jungle.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara watches this form in the darkness behind her eyelids and feels the terrible ache of homesickness.  She glances around at the familiar surroundings and wishes, for just the briefest of moments, that she had never left.  But that thought comes and goes.  She knows it is a byproduct of her grief and hopelessness.  She looks at Durro, then down at the packed earth beneath them.
"I'm sorry I let you down and led you to believe you could not trust me to lead them."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"How did you let me down?" his aura is slightly confused. "So you're not a strong leader; those skills can be learned. So you're not a soldier; that's good. I never wanted you to be. I don't rely on you for those things"

"There are things I do rely on you for. The same our people would have relied on you for. To be a healer. A nurturer. A guide. For me, I rely on you to remind me of my humanity. To not let me get lost in my warrior's nature. In that, in what I do rely on you for, you've never failed me."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara just watches him speak, silent for a moment.  The imagery of Lanus is so real that she can hear the calling of birds above her and the sound of the river lapping at the water's edge.  She closes her eyes and breathes deeply.  She imagines there is a heavy cloak she is wearing that is smothering her in the heat of the jungle.  She lowers her shoulders and allows it to slip from her, falling to her feet and disappearing into the earth.  She feels lighter.  She hadn't let him down or made him think he could not trust her.

"I took your words too personally."  She admits.  "Today has been the hardest day of my life. And literally THE worst day we chose to fall apart."  She closes her eyes for a moment, focusing in on the vision she had when she and Astra had gone farseeing.  Using all of her skill, she musters all of the memory she can of the vision she had had while Durro was still away with Astra.

"You came to me, but as an older version of yourself.  You were different, but the same.  This version of you showed me things that were confusing, but I will do my best to explain what I saw and what he...you...said.  He said it was time I understood why Jedi masters speak in riddles.  Because they believe in free choice, free will.  That we make reality what it is.”
He created within this vision, a massive, interconnected web of light and fibrous strands.  He said 'There is no single current of the Force' and that it was important I remember this.  He showed me where thousands of these fibrous strands come together into one point.  He says that there are times when the galaxy comes together in a single point of rebirth in the Force and then comes back together again on the other side.  Then he showed me a different point of light, a conjunction where these strands shattered.  He said it was on Olavan when Astra changed the future.  He says if the cracks are allowed to continue, the entire thing will shatter.  It was obvious that this was a bad thing.  I asked if there was a way to stop it and he said yes, and that I needed to do something for him.  That I was to be there for him...you.  That it is important you continue on this path and not falter and follow the will of the Force, even if it feels wrong to do so.  That there are moments when you are faced to make dark decisions and that I will help guide you through them.
Then he looked at me intently.  He said that Astra cannot under ANY circumstances, leave this world with the Sith Queen.  If the Sith Queen is able to corrupt Astra's power?  He waved his hands and the illusion of the web of light strands shattered and vanished.  Obviously...bad.  He went on to say that the Sith Queen has her uses. That there are certain Sith alchemical spells that can be used to bind contracts.  He said that in order for everything to be saved from Malora, that we would need the Sith Queen.  He said it was a delicate path to walk.  Sort of an understatement!  But then he...you...put your hood back up and for a brief moment, I saw you but it wasn't you.  It was the same description of the Sith Lord that created Ashanti's holocron!  I wasn't sure if I had been tricked or not."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"That sounds eerily similar to Astra using her seer abilities; which are abilities I don't have, and could never learn." His image in the jungle looks thoughtful, and there is a distant rumble of thunder. "Though his request mirrors what I literally just said to you about my reliance on you. ...and Ashanti's holocron doesn't feel as... Sith as I was taught it should..." He strokes his chin.

"It's interesting, but in this moment a distraction. I don't feel any malice or attempt to deceive from the vision; I can 'see' it myself since we are connected. We really cannot hide thoughts from each other; we know each other too well for that. We share whether we intend to or not. So we can assume this ...future me? was telling the truth. I'm second guessing my decision to allow Astra to accompany me, but I left the choice to her and she does have demons left to face and overcome. Not to mention I have no knowledge of Sith Alchemy, only Ashanti can help with that. Assuming her holocron actually taught her things when I'm not around. I'll make sure Astra doesn't leave with the Sith, even if I have to knock her out and carry her off the ship."

There is another rumble of thunder in the distance.

"There is a darkness coming. Both here already and off in the distance." He glances at the storm gathering on the horizon. "Something... troubling that other Astra told me about Baklid, and events going on in Lesser Space. Malora is our fight, but elsewhere... life goes on."
@Tesara Anerin
"You're right in that we know each other too well now.  If you believe that it was a future version of you and not some Sith trick sent to confuse me, I am glad of it.  That connection point was where Astra changed the future.  And the dire warning given that she cannot leave this planet with the Sith Queen is something to consider.  I understand you want her to face her fears, but is this the right time?  There is something to be said for the very reason you continued on to Warkinles in the first place.  You said she and Quinn would only continue to hunt us down. But there are powers at work here far beyond anything we've seen."  She glances at her surroundings.  "Tell me what the other Astra told you."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro sighs.

"Only that my fears have been realized. Ava has begun following her own 'programming'; living the way she was raised, she was trained. Trying to recreate her Empire here in this universe. Amassing power, spreading deception and sowing disorder and chaos. From the way she described it, I believe Ava is the coming darkness, the natural cycle of life and the Force. It could never be Malora or the Sith; both are corruption, using the Dark Side to impose their will on the Force itself. But Ava has no direct influence on the Force, and is not tempted by the Dark Side as she is not Force-sensitive. What she is doing is dark, chaotic, corruptive, but not to the Force itself. To the Force, her darkness is a natural part of life's cycle and must be allowed to run its course. Our task will be to ensure there are seeds to grow once the fire is past. Flames to fan into life to drive away the darkness as day breaks."

"That is on the horizon, though. The Sith and Malora are more immediate, and far more dangerous."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara only stares at him, and he can feel her pain and sorrow at the thought that someone she considers a friend would be doing such a thing.  "I knew she was raised an Imperial in our universe but she never acted that way to me.  I know you saw things but I never did.  She saved Jack for me, Durro.  She saved his life because she knows I love him."  She closes her eyes a moment, allowing the grief to wash over her.  "Thank you for telling me, but it hurts me to hear it.  The other Astra told me that Nova was dead and that Astra is being blamed for it.  I had no idea Nova was gone!  Ava loved Nova very much.  It is possible that the loss of her lover sent her into the darkness."  She looks sad.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro's confusion can be felt as well.

"She mentioned that, but she also said that Nova was killed when Astra confronted them after escaping Raxus Prime. That 'our' Astra killed her. Tesara, Nova came with Ava to visit us on Dubrillion. After she was supposedly killed."

"I don't know why, but Ava is lying about Nova being dead. Or at least, lying about Astra being the one who killed her. Whatever the reason for her lie, I'm sure it's to suit her own ends. The same with saving Jack; she may have done it 'for you', but only because she saw some benefit to herself in the action."

Her grief is on his face as well, but as a reflection. He does not feel it.

"I know you care for her; that you can't believe she'd do such a thing. I admire that about you, I really do; you see the best in people even when they don't deserve it. Ava is an Imperial, and like in our universe the Empire is the night to the day of the Republic. But night isn't forever, and the sun will rise again. We may not usher it in, but we will protect and train those who will."

A contemplative look crosses his face.

"Great men and women are forged in fire. It's the privilege of lesser men to light the flame."

The surroundings shift briefly to a stone temple, the space between it and the walls surrounding it crossed by children of many species, wearing Jedi-like robes; running, playing, and training. A few adults in similar robes supervise. No lightsabers among any of the group. A teenage Che'ri is training with one of the groups of older children, and as a group playing tag run by, Rosa is one of them; seven or eight years old.

"They are our future. The future. They will see the return of the sun. We must ensure they live to see it."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara watches for a moment before replying.  "I agree completely."  She turns to face him again.  "I hadn't realized that about Nova.  I'm happy to hear that she may be alive after all, but that makes Ava's actions even worse."  She sighs, and is silent for a long time.  "There is something that has been bothering me.  Being here in meditation with you and not aboard the ship feels more grounded...like the moment I leave this place, I will return to confusion and frustration and feelings that are not normal for me.  On the Gungnir we're arguing and there's contention between us.  So much uncertainty.  Why?  What is happening to us?  How do we stop it and come together as a team again?"

@Durro Thel-Tanis
The setting shifts from the temple to back to the Lanusian jungle; this time instead of paths it is the sacred stones near the village. The storm still gathers on the horizon, and distant thunder can be heard.

"You're not wrong. Being here is like a welcome breath of fresh air. Like being in harbor, safe from the storm."

His face darkens and realization dawns on his face.

"Tesara, how did Darth Sidious deceive the Jedi, and destroy them and the Republic?"

Knowing she would not know, he answers his own question.

"He turned brother against brother and friend against friend. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust. These are the weapons of the Sith. The Queen has had her sights on us, on Astra, for a long time. It's been a slow boil, and we're the small creature failing to notice the water heating up."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara can only blink at him in surprise.  Here in the calm surroundings of her childhood home the answer seems so utterly obvious. But back on the Gungnir, everything seems chaotic and difficult.  ”Are you saying that she is manipulating us? Durro, that speaks to incredible power!  Last I knew, her ship was in space above the planet. Perhaps it has landed and she is physically closer than we are aware of and that makes for a stronger connection?  If that’s true, and she has the ability to Farsee the same as us, it is possible she is not only manipulating us, but watching the results of her manipulations!  If we don’t stop her and stop allowing those manipulations, this entire crew will be torn apart! Adding to this, there is a newcomer.  Someone snuck aboard just after you went into meditation. It’s a Pac’cosh. He’s injured.  Haj was speaking to him when I returned to the hatch to secure it.”.  She frowns.  ”Durro, I don’t know your plan for meeting with the Sith queen, but I do know that you just came from an area underneath this very space port where we could not reach you or connect to you through the Force. What if we used that same hatch you, Astra and this Pac’cosh came through to take all of us and the girls down there to hide until you return?
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 06/15/2022
Durro holds up a hand.

"She can't control us, force us to do something against our nature. This isn't mind control. Our problems are still ours, self-inflicted. However, she is using the Dark Side to 'stir the pot', so to speak. To keep us off-balance and creating an environment for chaos and infighting. Now that we're aware of it, we should be able to better resist it. It won't make our problems magically go away, for they're still our own. It should add context, though."

"That security issue should be dealt with before we leave..."

"My only concern is if we abandon the ship completely we leave her vulnerable to attack. Tactically, it's more sound to leave it for us to return to; for then the Sith Queen knows where we'll eventually be. If we leave the ship completely undefended, we may find some unpleasant surprises when we do return."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 06/15/2022
Tesara nods.  "But the ship is not without its defenses.  And they could have boarded our ship at any time and taken us all prisoner.  They have not.  They've also not bothered any of the repairs being made to the ship either.  If we leave, we DO risk the Gungnir being damaged or worse.  But the risk of keeping us and the girls aboard once you are gone is far higher.  I would rather trust in the Force that the way off this planet will be provided as long as we don't get captured ourselves.  If Astra does go with you, you will have your hands full trying to get her back out before the Sith Queen leaves and your warning in my vision was very clear that that cannot happen.  If you two leave, there's no reason left for them NOT to search the ship and if they do...BAM...we're all slaves.  We know they are looking for Force users.  I made a bad decision not to leave earlier and you were right, the safety of the girls is far more important."
"If you choose not to take Astra - either of them really - then the risk doubles of them coming aboard to take them and us.  While I am a skilled hunter with my bow and my light saber is usable but not yet officially done in front of you...."  She smiles a little sadly.  "As I wish had been done while we were still in space, I CAN use it.  There are others aboard who can fight but when it comes down to it, I would prefer not to risk it if we can.  The Pac'cosh is a completely unknown.  As I said, I left before his whole story could be told.  I am not sure what we will find when we return from this meditation."
@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Likely a smoking crater where the ship used to be." he says with a grin.

He places a hand on her shoulder and looks down at her with a gentle expression.

"I value your input, but you're not a soldier. I never wanted that for you. Part of our problem is everyone trying to be good at everything. We're a crew, we all have different talents that compliment others' weaknesses. Do what you're best at; take care of the girls and keep our family together emotionally. Let me be the soldier, and come up with the battle plan."
@Tesara Anerin
She frowns a little.  "I have mixed feelings about what you said.  On the one hand, you are correct, I am not a soldier.  But I can perceive and see things that should be noted.  I have just learned to use my voice and don't want to feel as if I cannot.  It is up to you whether or not you heed my advice or accept my ideas, but I will still give them.  You have to learn to listen to your crew, both when things are easy and when things are hard.  I do trust you to come up with a battle plan today and going forward, but I have a voice in this team as well."  She says.  "Having made that statement, I will take care of the girls and the mental wellbeing of the crew."  She looks skyward.  "Would you like to discuss more or should we return?"

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"I did say I respect your input. I didn't want you to feel pressured to make a plan. Your advice was heard and is in the pool of facts and options for consideration." He smiles.

"I feel the desire to stay; it's been ages since we just... talked. Even if we talk about nothing at all."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara grins a little.  "Agreed.  And I appreciate that you said this.  You may need to add that caveat on your statements to the other women from now on.  We tend to put a lot of meaning into words as you are aware.  What can feel totally normal to you could be taken amiss by one of us without you even realizing it."  She says.  "And thank you for taking me home.  I miss it terribly."  She closes her eyes and inhales.  Even the scent feels real.  When she opens them, he is watching her.  "Aside from everything else, Durro....I am very happy for you and Haj.  I know you make her blissfully happy."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Noted, with thanks."

"As she does me." he smiles. "I trust Jack will be there, waiting for you, when we return to that part of space. You deserve the same happiness, the same peace. The same sense of belonging."

The Force can be felt flowing deep and powerfully. Pulling from the deepest recesses of memory, input from all five senses to make as perfect a memory as possible.

The two are suddenly standing in Durro's brakka paddock in the village. The sun shines warmly on them, which is in turn cooled by a gentle breeze which caresses their skin. The river can be heard behind them, and the laughter of children at play. The brakka lambs bleat piteously nearby, and the smell of earth and water mingles with that of wood smoke and leather.

"This is home, for me too. I realized that on the Dark Planet; when thrust back to Order 66 and given the chance to 'do it all again' I came here. Lived among the river people at settled down. This is home in a way the Jedi Temple never was. We may never return to this physical place but this..." the feeling of peace, contentment, and belonging intensifies "...this can be created anywhere. My greatest desire for you is that you find this place again."
@Tesara Anerin
Tears come unbidden, but they are not sad ones, but of joy.  "I don't think we'll ever see it again either, but I am hoping to find something like it.  With Jack.  But..."  She turns to face him.  "You asked me if I would help you with your academy.  The answer is yes.  I may not be able to be there all the time, but I will help in whatever way I am able."  She turns her face to the sun.  "All of us deserve peace and happiness.  I don't know what that is going to look like for both of our Astra's, but I hope it for both of them.  The new one is astonishingly powerful and mature. I'm hoping they can balance each other out."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Will you help as a Jedi?" the question carries no emotion, but his hopefulness can be felt.

"You said your lightsaber is finished but not officially?"
@Tesara Anerin
She does not answer for a long time, choosing instead to watch the brakka move about lazily.  It is obvious she has been giving this a great deal of thought.  After a moment of silence, she turns to face him.  "I meant to come to you as Master Thel-Tanis to put my lightsaber together officially.  There was always so much to do aboard the ship while traveling from Origin to Warklines and every time I returned to my room I saw it there and knew I MUST approach you to do the ritual of officially claiming it as my own with your blessing.  But we landed before I could, and here we are.  As far as being a Jedi, I turned away from that path because I was disillusioned by what I saw here.  The corruption and greed and disregard for everything I believed a Jedi to be is what made me remove myself from that path.  However, having given it a great deal of thought, and knowing you are NOT like them and your order would NOT be like anything they do, then yes.  It's time for me to step back onto that path.  I have taught Haj what I know and she now will learn from others, including me, but no longer exclusively me.  She does not want to be a Jedi and that is her right to make that choice."  She smiles.  But yes.  My answer is yes. I will call myself a Jedi once more."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro grins, his happiness and fatherly pride radiating through their connection.

"I'd be honored to complete this before I leave the Gungnir for the Sith ship." He says.

"The other Astra is strong in many ways 'our' Astra is not. The reverse is also true, of course, and so I brought the other aboard hoping they could learn from each other. I know they both are deeply concerned about who the 'real' one is; other Astra believes ours is a clone and incredibly dangerous, while again the reverse is obviously true. In my mind, it doesn't matter. While I have no proof and doubt any could ever be found, my heart tells me that the 'real' Astra, the genetic template, is dead. Killed by the Crusade on Raxus Prime. Both young women aboard our ship are clones, but that doesn't make them any less Astra. Both should feel welcome and like valuable parts of the team. Though other Astra will need to haver her Crusade chip removed and we will need a better way to differentiate them. An old custom with outdated Spartii cloning technology was to add a vowel to the clone's name. Your clone might be named 'Tesaara', or mine 'Duurro'. Though since they both are clones, one could be Aastra, the other Astraa. Subtle, but serviceable."

His lecture feels genuine, but there is a sly, playful smile on his face as he speaks. Tesara knows him well enough to know he is serious in his idea, but knows she will be confused about how to feel and respond.
@Tesara Anerin
She raises an eyebrow at him as one of the brakka bleats loudly for effect.  She chuckles a little.  "I will leave it up to YOU to bring it up to them.  I'm not sure either of them would agree to changing a name they have held throughout all of their lives."  She shrugs.  "I have no problem keeping the both of them with us as long as they get along and can contribute.  Both of them deserve a chance at living a full, happy life.  Having said that, thank you for the offer of the lightsaber completion.  It would mean a lot to me."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"I'm sure they'll come around." He grins. "As for your lightsaber, bring it to me once we leave this meditation. I promise I won't make a grand ceremony out of it or anything. A simple, private acknowledgement that your skills are complete."
@Tesara Anerin
She nods.  "Yes.  It's time to return.  Thank you, Master Thel Tanis.  I needed this talk very much, and thank you for taking me home to have it."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"Of course. We shouldn't wait so long for the next one."

The scene fades, quickly yet respectfully, and the connection is gone.

Durro rises from where he was sitting and sets water to boil for tea and pours a cup of juice for Tesara. He also retrieves his tool kit, just in case her lightsaber needs some final adjustments. He then sits back down on the floor and waits.
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara Anerin — 06/16/2022
Tesara opens her eyes, finding herself inside her room and no longer on Lanus. There is a twinge of sadness but it fades as she gets up and retrieves the lightsaber parts and heads for Durro’s room. Her Kyber crystal sings quietly in the pouch around her neck.  She arrives and knocks on his door. They don’t have much time.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
Durro Thel-Tanis — 06/16/2022
The door slides open before her fist connects to the door. The quarters are dimly lit, and the smell of tea fills the room.

"Come on in." comes Durro's voice from inside. "Make yourself comfortable."
@Tesara Anerin
Tesara chuckles at the familiar scent of tea.  She comes in and settles herself into a seated position and sets the pieces of the lightsaber in front of her.  She removes the pouch from around her neck and retrieves the kyber crystal.  She holds it in her hand and waits for him to sit as well.
@Durro Thel-Tanis
He then sits back down on the floor and waits.
(((He is already sitting. lol)))

"You've already studied the schematics I've provided. You've assembled the hilt, confirmed that it works. I thought I was just inspecting it, but it appears you wanted to show me what you've learned."

His own lightsaber levitates between them, disassembling itself slowly and then reassembling itself a little more rapidly.

"Now, your turn. Feel the Force flowing through you."
@Tesara Anerin
(((OOC I think I have seen this done in canon so I know what to expect.  There are a few concerns I have - do I need to roll and if so what, or can I just DO this and have it be a success because issues are becoming heated on the bridge and they want to interrupt us and I desperately want this to be done before Durro is called away.)))
@TheTraveler  @Durro Thel-Tanis
(((Based purely on what Traveler has said for Durro in the past, and considering Tesara studied and practiced this on the trip from Origin, I would assume it just happens. When this game was written the Force-assisted construction of lightsabers was not a thing. You had to actually build them, with your hands and with tools, like assembling any other complex electronic device IRL. With what we have since seen in canon, this would seem to be easier. I will like Traveler rule on it, though.)))

(((I do not think Tesara has ranks in Craft: Lightsaber, but Durro does. He will, of course, inspect her work before letting her use the weapon.)))
@Tesara Anerin
((OK thanks!))

Tesara closes her eyes and does just that, calling in the Force to be within and around her.  She spends a moment centering herself and opens her eyes to look at him.  He looks a little different than he did in their shared meditation, but it may just be the lack of actual sunlight.  She smiles warmly at him.  Using the Force, she lifts the pieces of the light saber she had laid in front of her as well as the kyber crystal.  She had practiced this beforehand, but doing it in front of Durro felt powerful and a rite of passage, which it truly in fact, was.  She concentrates, allowing the Force to flow through her and assembles the entire mechanism and inserts the kyber crystal within.  Once entirely put together, it hovers in mid air between them.  There is a pleased smile on her face.

@Durro Thel-Tanis
As she assembled the weapon, Durro softly repeats the traditional phrases from his own training:

"The crystal is the heart of the blade."
"The heart is the crystal of the Jedi."
"The Jedi is the crystal of the Force."
"The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: The crystal, The blade, The Jedi."
"You are one."

Once it hovers before him, Durro takes the lightsaber and inspects it carefully. The Force flows around him and the weapon as well; between him and her crystal. Finally, he activates it, the blue blade casting a blue tint on everything in the room. He deactivates it, casting them back into shadow. As he hands it back to her, he says;

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Republic. Those thousand generations live in you now. Pass on what you have learned, and those thousand generations will live on for a thousand generations more."

"Your skills are complete, and you're now a Jedi Knight in your own right. I couldn't be prouder of you."

Smiling, he stands and helps her to her feet. With a gesture of his hand, the lights come up.

"You should join Che'ri, Haj, and I for lightsaber training. I taught you with a staff for years, and some when we first arrived here, but you know the real thing is vastly different than the wooden stick."

He goes to pour himself some tea, the juice sitting out waiting for her.
@Tesara Anerin
There are tears at the corners of her eyes.  She hadn't expected to hear those words from him - had instead chosen to walk away from the Jedi and not associate herself with them here in this time and place.  But she didn't have to, because she could be the kind of Jedi SHE wanted to be without them.  She laughs a little at her own tears, wiping them away with her hand.  "Thank you so much, Durro.  There's so much more to say, but I think you already know all of it."  She takes the lightsaber and clips it to her belt.  "I'm looking forward to training."  She takes the juice and raises her cup to him.  "To the Force, to the future, and to peace at the end of it all."

@Durro Thel-Tanis
"To that last sentiment, especially."

He raises his cup to her and takes a slow sip, enjoying the familiar warmth of his tea and of his oldest companion.
/end?
@Tesara Anerin
/END

((Thank you so much!  So can I hazard a guess that he actually knighted her?  I don't want to assume anything...)))
(((Yes, he did. He promised it would not be a flowery ceremony, but he acknowledged her skills are complete and called her a Knight.)))
(((He figured the kneeling and shoulder thing would make her uncomfortable.)))
((Awesome.  Thank you!))
/end